Thursday, June 21, 2012

Day 2....

GOOD MORNING STEPPERS!!!!

5:30 am
For breakfast, I had:
2 cups of Cheerioes
10 oz of milk
(I forgot to eat fruit so I brought some to much on today).


Today is going to be a challenge for me to get my steps in because I am at work... behind a desk....
Every chance I get to STEP I will take it.



For instance:
I parked my car as far away from my job as I could. Instead of parking at the door, I parked 5 lots away.
When I got to work, the door wasn't unlocked yet, so I walked back in forth in the court yard for 2 minutes until it was time to go in.
When I get to work in the morning, it is my job to unlock all the stairwell doors (floors 3-7) and walk each floor to make sure all the chairs are pushed in and to bring any books down that need to be put up.
When I finished the 7th floor, I took the stairs instead of the elevator (I can't take the stairs up because I hadn't unlocked the stairwell doors yet).

The problem is, I habe to wear jeans or a dress at my job and I, stupidly, wore a tank top under my t-shirt today, so I am sweaty and flushed.... I think I will start wearing dresses to work.
2314 Steps


I also need to add the steps I took this morning to get ready, but as I don't have a real pedometer yet and it would have been inconvenient to carry my phone around all morning, I will have to estimate my steps.

400 Steps


Currently at 2714 Steps
Steps to go: 7286 Steps
73% to go....


9:31 am
Went upstairs to shelf more books.... Couldn't use the stairs because I had a cart with me. At some point along the way, my phone pedometer shut off.. so again I will have to add an estimate.

971 Steps

About to eat my pineapple and pecans snack! :]

1:09 m
Went and got my boyfriend for lunch who ALWAYS tries to talk me into unhealthy food. Unlike me, he wants to gain weight... so I would suggest NOT constantly going out to eat with a person that needs to eat high carbs, or do like us and eat at Subway. Sometimes you will probably have to compromise (like the other day we went to FreeBirds), but you should be able to find healthy things at just about any resturant, just not in variety. (It's also okay to splurge sometimes....) :]

I ate a 6 inch wheat, turkey sandwich with lettuce, spinach, pickles, jalepenos, and pepper jack cheese.
I had a Dasani. I tried the trick where you drink 8 oz. of water before you eat your meal to make you full quicker. I think it worked, but I will have to try some more to compare and contrast.

My boyfriend told me that turkey has a lot of salt. Then I started thinking, pickles and pickled jalepenos have a lot of salt also, so I should probably spring for Chicken Breast minus pickles and jalepenos next time.

During lunch, I had to walk back to my car I parked 5 lots away, and I also had to go pay a bill. I also noticed that my phone pedometer deletes some of my steps, so I am very unhappy with this... and will again have to estimate.

1762 Steps

Currently at 5447 Steps
Steps to go: 4553 Steps
54% to go!!!


2:51 pm
More book shelfing.....

720 Steps

Can't wait to exercise with my bf tonight. He is going to help me start weight lifting. I have always been anti-weight lifting because I didn't want muscle, but a little muscle is actually good for you.


38% to go!!

Tried my healthy mexican food tricks at FreeBirds. I had a child's quesadilla (which is actually plenty of food) with pinto beans, pulled pork, light shredded cheese, salsa, steamed veggies, and onions. The kids meal comes with a side of salsa and chips, but since they come together I don't fill up on unhealthy chips. It also comes with an 8 oz soda! This is the way to go if your craving some Mexican food and it only cost me $3.99!!!

Went to Wal-Mart before the gym.

500 Steps

Did 0.888 miles on the treadmill (cuz the gym closes at 7:30 in the summer). Didn't have my phone pedometer on me because it would have died.

1875 Steps

Final steps of the day: 8,542 Steps
Steps to go: 1,458 Steps
14% to go!!:))))


HAPPY STEPPING
-Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment