Tuesday, July 10, 2012

YUMMY//HEALTHY NACHOS

My new philosophy:

"Buffet doesn't mean eat all you want, we have enough. It means, we have a variety! You have a chance to do portion control!!"

Last night, my family and I enjoyed what my mother affectionatly calls "healthy nachos". Now, don't shy away from them just because of the name. These are one of my favorite homemade meals because they are quick and easy to make, and they taste fresh!!



        
Need:
  • tortilla chips (preferably whole wheat/grain) (about 9 chips is a serving size)
  • your favorite salsa
  • fresh chopped veggies (we used tomatoes, and green onions)
  • shredded cheese (don't drown the chips in it!! this meal should be all about the veggies)
  • white beans (aka great northern beans)
  • in the right photo you see sour cream.... this is not healthy... but if you're willing to splurge then go for it....      



HAPPY STEPPING
-Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment